Indeed I did, FINALLY!! I hate the process of trying to find a job and then having a interview and then waiting for them to call to
tell you if they are going to hire you or not.
So, story time about this job!
My friend Catharine has been working at the Point Defiance Zoo and Aquarium for a couple years now
and so when she came back from school this past
summer she talked to her boss and told him
about me and what not. So, I filled out an
application and turned it in. A week or so later
Catharine says he tried to call me but I never
got a call from him. We are thinking he called
someone else, which her name kinda sounds like mine.
Okay, whatever, so I call him and set up and interview
. That day he was sick and so I didn't go in.
Long story short new interview this last Tuesday.
I was only in there about 5 minutes and he was
like well I need to look at the hours and see if there is enough.
(He was talking in like a, whatever voice, like lets
get this over or something) Which, he shoulda done
this before the interview but whatever.
He says he'll call me back in a few days.
Wednesday goes by, Thursday goes by.
Thursday night I couldn't sleep because I felt sick so at
like 3 or something in the morning, I was watching TV and
was thinking about this job and also waiting to hear from BYU-I.
Before I went to sleep, I didn't read my scriptures or say my prayer.
I felt guilty at 3AM, lol, so I started reading my scriptures,
said my prayer and kept thinking about
this job and hoping he would call. Fell asleep.
I wake up around 8, eat, blah blah blah, phone rings at 9.
Its Derek, the boss from the zoo. I'm like sweet.
He tells me he has hours and wonders if I would still like the job.
Well, heck, of course I do. I need a job bad.
So, this morning I went in filled out all the stupid paper work
and got on the schedule and start on the 17th!!!
I'll be working the Carousel for the first few weeks.
He said it gets boring in there but whatever, I need a job and willing to take it!!
I'm so stoked because I need money and something to do!!!
Also, I am waiting to here back from BYU-Idaho. They said in the next 6 weeks they would let me know if I got in or not. Its been like 2 weeks. So, I'm getting impatient because I really really hope I get in. If I do get in, I'll be going in January! =0]
No comments:
Post a Comment